Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A funny week

OK, so i've talked before about how I love reading books by inspirational people; people who have pushed that extra mile, fought against immense hardships and come out the other end, people who have swam against the tide and not drowned. I heard on the radio that Trisha Goddard has an autobiography just out. So her show is tabloid tv, but she has persevered through abuse, depression and other shit to get this far. And despite just being diagnosed with Breast Cancer, She is still standing. So respect there. She inspired on of my songs, 'Normal', with the lyric 'normal's just a cycle on a washing machine...'

It's been a funny week; It started with me spending the weekend vomitting. It's ending with Tanny going to a funeral. In between my computer's power supply blew up. I've been pointed at and laughed at and talked about by elderly people in shops who think I look weird. So what? If I was in a wheelchair they wouldn't fuckin' dare. I've laughed my arse off twice to 'Me, Myself and Irene' starring Jim Carrey (a fellow bipolar sufferer). It's 20 years since Public Enemy's 'It takes a nation of millions to hold us back' came out, this week. That makes me feel a little old! It still Rocks though. I've received more films and cd's through my door from my eBaying. Flaming Lips and Grandaddy take the stage tonight.

Fuel blockades begin, Fishermen strike, oil and food prices soar, millions are still without aid in Burma, and at least one teenager has been murdered the UK every day... The Government is crumbling under it's own lack of stability, but for once I've been doing okay in general.

If you're swimming against the tide or running faster than those around you, have a Listen to one of my old songs 'Pushing Further' here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home