Monday, April 21, 2008

Some Velvet Morning



Woke up this morning with 'Some Velvet Morning' by Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra going round and around in my head. After doing some hoovering and cleaning (which was very theraputic) I listened to it; genius. The arrangement, the time changes, the contrast between Lee and Nancy's vocals. If you've never heard it, you really should. Also this weekend, I rediscovered At the Drive In's 'Relationship of Command' album, and Bedlam Ago Go's 'Estate Style Entertainment'. It's part of a new thing I'm trying to do; picking cd's off the shelf alphabetically, one album per letter per day, and re-discovering some great old music.

I awoke today feeling fairly refreshed after the first night of unbroken sleep for a long time. Must've been those couple bottles of cider I had as a nightcap! I'm feeling pretty positive, with lots of creative ideas running through my head, but not at the speed of a runaway train....yet. A couple of visits to the studio this week should be productive, I hope. I've got lots of songs to finish (about 8) and some collaborations to collaborate on.

On a completely different note, I heard a programme on the radio about how air pollution is stopping the scent of flowers from travelling so far, and therefore preventing Bees from pollinating as many flowers. Apparently, once Bees die out, then the world will slowly die too...

That's about it for now. Here's a picture of me at St Fagans in Wales, contemplating something or other!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bedlam Ago Go - I'd forgotten about them. I remember buying a t-shirt of theirs (with a big cassette on the front) 10 years ago!

April 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude.

I can only apologise for the lack of me deing on the other end of the phone last week. I have finally (6 hours ago) finished the 2nd-longest essay I'll have to write in the next 12 months (5000 words) and am handing it in this am before the 4pm deadline (FYI the biggest is 15,000 this summer - the fun never stops!)

Any road up - sounds like those fucking burglars bollocksed up your night - hope to see them in Lewes nick soon!

Speaking of music - it's collaboration time. Work pressure is still on, but it has to be done.

Lots of love to you and your brood.

Get in touch again?

Duncan x

April 25, 2008 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home