Sunday, January 20, 2008

They're coming to take me away...


The world is plastic. People are fake. Very few care. 'Western Society' treats it's citizens like shit and wonders why they kill themselves, other people or both.

I've been reading 'Electroboy' by Andy Behrman and 'The Legendary Joe Meek' by John Repsch. If you've never heard of them, Electroboy is Andy Behrmans memoir of mania, and Joe Meek was the UK's first great, genius pop producer, read about him here. Rumour has it there's a film being made to mark the 40th Anniversary of his death, starring Rhys Ifans and Stephen Fry.
Since Christmas I've additionally been stuffing my brain with knowledge from 'Schotts original miscellany' (everyone should have a copy) and 'Sullivans music trivia'. 'Things the Grandchildren should know' by Mark Oliver Everett is in the post...

Musically, Eels 'Shootenanny' hasn't been off, or Mark Oliver Everett's 'Levity' soundtrack. Been re-discovering KLF's 'The White Room', and Radiohead's 'OK Computer'. Haven't got around to giving my other xmas albums a proper listen yet.

I heard 'They're coming to take me away Ha-Haaa' by Napoleon XIV on Friday, which made me laugh as i'd just had a call from mental health services. This is a long story, the basics of which are that I'm being passed from pillar to post again. This time, however, I'm not standing for it, and told them so. I now await the repercussions of a staff meeting about me on Monday....They're coming to take me away!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are two current films about Joe Meek: the first, a documentary by Howard Berger and Susan Stahman of Palm Door Films, "A Death in the Life of Joe Meek" premieres on 24th January in the US and the second "Telstar" starring Con O'Neil as Joe and Kevin Spacey as his financier Major Banks, is currently in post production and is scheduled for release later this year.
The film you mentioned has not yet gone into production.

January 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home